Probably it's my souffle making skills and while searching again for the simplest souffle recipe e.g. vanilla souffle whereby I don't have to keep wasting my precious chocolates and cocoa powder, I stumbled upon this ultimately simple 2 ingredient souffle - just maple syrup and egg. No kidding!
Frankly, I was a bit skeptical. But then again, I have nothing to lose and I can keep trying till I get it since I have a bottle of maple syrup in the fridge that doesn't seemed to see the light of day. I am sure it is pleased that finally it gets to come out of the fridge once in a while.
Maple Syrup Souffle
Makes 2 3.5" ramekins
1 egg, separated
2.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together the egg yolk and maple syrup till creamy.
- Beat egg white till stiff peaks form.
- Fold maple syrup mixture into the whipped egg white.
- Pour into ramekins and put them in the oven to bake
- Once the ramekins are in, immediately turn temperature to 190 degrees Celsius. Bake for 10 minutes, or until puffed up. Do not open the oven in between.