But a promise is a promise and I had to make this pancake at least once. So here it is, THE Pancake - Wendy's Style.
(Recipe adapted from her post)
2 tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
A bit of butter for frying
- Separate the eggs and beat egg whites until frothy and add in sugar and beat until medium stiff peaks.
- Add in egg yolks and mix.
- Sift in flour and fold into the egg mixture.
- Heat a 9 inch pan on medium heat and put in 1/2 tsp butter. Swirl it around to coat and pour the excess into batter.
- Lightly fold the batter to incorporate the melted butter.
- Turn heat to low and pour in all the batter. Put fruit toppings if desired.
- Cook until sides look golden, and center of pancake is cooked (doesn't stick to fingers).
- Flip into half or just flip onto plate.
Personally, I found this pancake too eggy for my liking. Still miss Rider's Cafe Blueberry Pancakes. It's odd that it's their best selling item for years and they decided to stop it just like that. Maybe the chefs got bored cooking it.