My hubby loves loves loves loves them. I'm not exaggerating.
All kinds of cookies.
Hard, soft, chewy, gooey, whatever.
|What was left after 1 day. I should be grateful.|
Here is a little original recipe from me. I call them Ronni's Orange (and sometimes Lemon) Butter Cookies.
Ronni's Orange (and sometimes Lemon) Butter Cookies.
Makes around 25-35 pieces depending on the size of your cookie cutters
20g corn flour (can add more)
1 egg yolk
60g sugar (Warning, I don't like my kids to take them too sweet. So do add another 20-30g if you prefer cookies like how they should be)
100g butter softened
Zest of 1 orange (or lemon)
- Preheat oven (I usually do it only at the cookie cutting phase as I usually take a long time doing that)
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy
- Add yolk and continue beating
- Add in orange or lemon zest and continue beating
- Add sifted flour and beat till just incorporated
- Bring together into a dough with a spatula or just do it by hand like I usually do
- Use cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Dip cutter in some flour if dough keeps sticking to it. You can opt to chill in fridge for 20-30mins if dough is too soft.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 mins till browned
- Cool and eat!