Ronni's Orange (and sometimes Lemon) Butter Cookies

Cookies. You love them and you love them. When they are so high in sugar and butter, how not to love love love them?


My hubby loves loves loves loves them. I'm not exaggerating.
All kinds of cookies.
Hard, soft, chewy, gooey, whatever.

What was left after 1 day. I should be grateful.


Here is a little original recipe from me. I call them Ronni's Orange (and sometimes Lemon) Butter Cookies. 

Ronni's Orange (and sometimes Lemon) Butter Cookies.
Makes around 25-35 pieces depending on the size of your cookie cutters

Ingredients 

180g flour
20g corn flour (can add more)
1 egg yolk
60g sugar (Warning, I don't like my kids to take them too sweet. So do add another 20-30g if you prefer cookies like how they should be)
100g butter softened
Zest of 1 orange (or lemon)


Method 

  1. Preheat oven (I usually do it only at the cookie cutting phase as I usually take a long time doing that)
  2. Cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy
  3. Add yolk and continue beating
  4. Add in orange or lemon zest and continue beating
  5. Add sifted flour and beat till just incorporated
  6. Bring together into a dough with a spatula or just do it by hand like I usually do
  7. Use cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Dip cutter in some flour if dough keeps sticking to it. You can opt to chill in fridge for 20-30mins if dough is too soft.
  8. Bake at 180 degrees for 12-15 mins till browned
  9. Cool and eat!

Comments

Popular Posts