5 ingredient only Keto Bread in Coconut Flour

I did a Keto Bread recently with almond flour. It was very good and nutty. However, it really tasted more like a cake.

Then everyone raved about a certain keto roll or buns. It's just not for me. In fact, in my opinion, it was one of the worst bread of food I have ever eaten in my life!

So back I go, to the original recipe I had. This time I changed out the almond flour to coconut flour and coconut oil to butter. Viola! It's still good. More bland this time and moist.

As usual, I tend to forget something in my bakes. This time round is salt.
Even then, it turned out perfect! This recipe is definitely a keeper!


Ronni's 5-ingredient Keto Bread in Coconut Flour
Makes a small 4” x 7” loaf tin 

Ingredients 
  • 6 large eggs
  • 110g melted butter
  • 40g coconut flour
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt for taste (I forgot this time)
  • (optional) 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice - I used iLite Cook and Bake Sweetener (just heard this isn't that keto compliant so I used half tsp this time round)


Method 

  1. Preheat oven to 180deg C
  2. Beat eggs till light, pale and foamy (about 2-3 mins)
  3. Add sweetener if using
  4. Continue beating eggs for another 5-7 mins till double in size
  5. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat for few seconds till just combined.
  6. Pour into baking paper lined or greased tin
  7. Bake at 180 degrees for 45 mins till a skewer inserted comes out clean
  8. Cool, slice and eat!

Comments

Popular Posts