Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok I realized I haven't been baking or cooking ever since I have gone back to work from my maternity leaves. And I realized that some of my cooking posts from last year have not been uploaded to my original life blog as well. So... I'll cheat. I'll post some of my unposted bakes from last year here instead. :P

First up...2009 Nov 23. I decided to try a simple cookie recipe from HHB's site. It looked easy enough and was supposed to be the fundamental cookie thing. The real basic one.

In the end, my cookies didn't turned out as wonderful as I would liked it to be. I believed my butter melted too fast and chilling it in the fridge did not helped much. Nevertheless, they were addictive...or I was simply greedy.





Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adatped from HHB's Drop Cookies
 
Ingredients
115g butter, softened
115g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g plain flour
175g plain or semisweet chocolate chips
50g raisins

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180degC. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
  2. With a wooden spoon or electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
  3. Beat in the egg gradually. Mix well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract, mix well.
  4. Sift the flour over the mixture, fold in with wooden spoon or a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
    If you think that your butter has melted too fast, chill the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour.
  5. Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray. Leave some space between the cookies to allow for spreading. Flatten each cookie dough slightly with the back of a fork, keeping the shape as even as possible.
  6. Bake for 10 mins or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Comments

Popular Posts