Three Cup Pork 三杯肉

Long time ago when I visited Taipei for the first time on a business trip, I was brought to a restaurant and they ordered 三杯鸡 Three Cup Chicken. It was a fancy dish in that restaurant as the chicken came in a claypot and there were literally three cup of ingredients by the side for us to pour into the claypot. The three cups contained sesame oil, cooking wine and soy sauce and hence its name. As a tourist, I liked the fancy idea and loved the dish as well.

My hubby is no lover of chicken so I re-created this dish with pork instead and it turned out wonderful.

Three Cup Pork 三杯肉

Ingredients:
300g pork, sliced
8-10 slices ginger (I like ginger so used more)
6 cloves garlic, with skin removed and flattened with knife
1 small red chilli, sliced
Some basil leaves, rinsed (I used curry leaves as that was available in my fridge. Basil will be much much nicer)

3 tbsp sesame oil (the tablespoon used here is the Chinese metal spoon traditionally found in Singaporean homes. I believed it is also known as the dessert spoon in America)
3 tbsp cooking wine
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp caster sugar



Method:
  1. In a pan on low fire, add sesame oil, ginger, garlic and red chilli. Fry till fragrant (just 2-3 minutes will do)
  2. Add sliced pork and stir fry till pork is cooked.
  3. Add in the rest of the ingredients i.e. cooking wine, soy sauce and sugar. Continue to stir fry.
  4. When all the sauce is about to dry up, add in the basil leaves, stir fry slightly and we are done.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts