Chinese Peanut Cookies

On my baby's 100th day (2 months ago), I decided to make the day slightly special by baking something. To ensure I do not disappoint myself, I used a fool-proof recipe. This yields a super fine textured melt-in-your-mouth type of cookies. Very easy to make and very suitable for Chinese New Year.

Thankfully they actually looked and tasted better than the first time I did this! Happy!

Chinese Peanut Cookies

Ingredients:
200g ground peanut powder
200g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100g - 150g coarsely chopped peanut bits (You can omit this if you want a smooth cookie)
100g peanut oil or more/corn oil

Egg wash:
1 beaten egg

Method:
  1. Mix flour, baking powder, ground peanut powder, icing sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl till well combined. 
  2. Toss in the chopped peanut bits and mix well. (Can omit)
  3. Add in 100g peanut oil bit by bit. You can stop when a piable dough is formed or add a bit more.
    (For me, I added around 130g)
  4. Shape as you wish.
  5. Apply egg wash on cookie top.
  6. Bake on a lined tray at 165C for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
    (My oven is hot so I took only 10mins at 150C on top rack to prevent charring on the bottom of the cookies)

Comments

Popular Posts