Molten Chocolate Cakes (Lava Cakes)

After trying a few recipes on Molten Chocolate Cakes aka Warm Chocolate Cakes aka Chocolate Lava Cakes, this recipe from Nigella yields the best results for me so far. So good that I think I can start entertaining guests with this without shame or fear. Or bringing them to my longtime friends' potluck gatherings.


On the latter, I have been bringing my failed experiments to them. Somehow they are now fearful of what I'll bring every time and yet are so sweet not to discourage me from bringing my bakes. Guess at the next gathering, I will try to do them some justice.



Molten Chocolate Babycakes
Adapted from Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess
(Makes 4 ramekins)

Ingredients
50g unsalted butter + extra for greasing ramekins350g dark chocolate150g caster sugar (I used only half)4 large eggs1 tsp vanilla extract
50g plain flour (I used self-raising flour)
pinch of salt

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. 
  2. Line base of ramekins with baking paper. Grease the sides.
  3. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or over a pot of simmering water and let it cool slightly.
  4. In another bowl, beat or cream the butter.
  5. Slowly beat in the eggs, salt and vanilla extract till well-combined.
  6. Add flour to the mixture and beat till smooth.
  7. Scrape in the cooled chocolate and beat till smooth.
  8. Pour into ramekins.
  9. Bake for 10mins.
  10. As soon as the cake is baked, tip them onto serving plates.

Comments

Popular Posts