Keto Bread - Non-eggy & Highly Recommended

I just started ketogenic diet not too long ago. 1.5 months to be exact. That said, I wasn't very disciplined and went on little "cheat days" so very often, like every 3 days of keto diet and a day of cheat especially when I am on business trip or lunch with colleagues at work. Then guilt will come over me and I will start again.

Nevertheless, I must say that being on this diet has kept me full most of the time and no cravings whatsoever. In fact, I feel less lethargic and have sort of a bounce in my steps. Tummy wise, it looked like it had shrunk and the bloated feeling that I used to have so often has been gone. Even when I am on this on and off, I lost 2kg in the last 1.5 months. That is quite a feat to me as I can now fit into dresses which I used to wear before being pregnant with John.

The only thing that I do felt a little temptation for is... bread. I tried a few recipes including cloud bread and some low carb recipes online. None has met my expectations of a bread. Either they are too eggy, too dense or way too bland. Until I figured out something on my own!




This bread is not only keto friendly, it does not have the eggy taste and is soft and fluffy. Unfortunately I reckoned that in keto, you can't have the soft pull apart strands of a normal bread. Hence, I would say this bread is more like a light nutty loaf cake with a tint of sweetness in it.

Try it and let me know what you think.





Ronni's Keto Bread
Makes a small 4” x 7” loaf tin 

Ingredients 
  • 4 large eggs
  • 50g melted butter
  • 15g coconut oil
  • 100g almond flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt for taste
  • (optional) 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice - I used iLite Cook and Bake Sweetener


Method 

  1. Preheat oven to 180deg C
  2. Beat eggs till light, pale and foamy (about 2 mins)
  3. Add sweetener if using
  4. Continue beating eggs for another 5 mins till double in size
  5. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat for few seconds till just combined.
  6. Pour into baking paper lined or greased tin
  7. Bake at 180 degrees for 45 mins till a skewer inserted comes out clean
  8. Cool, slice and eat!

Comments

Popular Posts