Thankfully they actually looked and tasted better than the first time I did this! Happy!
Chinese Peanut Cookies
200g ground peanut powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100g - 150g coarsely chopped peanut bits (You can omit this if you want a smooth cookie)
100g peanut oil or more/corn oil
1 beaten egg
- Mix flour, baking powder, ground peanut powder, icing sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl till well combined.
- Toss in the chopped peanut bits and mix well. (Can omit)
- Add in 100g peanut oil bit by bit. You can stop when a piable dough is formed or add a bit more.
(For me, I added around 130g)
- Shape as you wish.
- Apply egg wash on cookie top.
- Bake on a lined tray at 165C for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
(My oven is hot so I took only 10mins at 150C on top rack to prevent charring on the bottom of the cookies)