Chocolate Raisin Walnut Muffins

Hubby went for a badminton game today. Usually I will eat out, get some simple takeaway or order McDonald's online whenever he does that. Today I decided to bake myself some salmon. However, it wasn't enough. By 11pm I was hungry again.

Hubby went for a simple dinner after his game and the portion was too small. Similarly he was hungry at 11pm.

So I decided to make something quick and muffins sounded good to both of us tonight.

I made 6 small muffins using the cake cups I had. We only ate two since we are conscious of late night binge eating. The next day, the muffins turned out even better when I had one for breakfast. It was moist and not too sweet for me as I reduced the sugar. When I came back during lunch time and wanted to bring the rest of 3 muffins left to office for tea, they were mysteriously gone. Yeah, Hubby gobbled them down, yet he refused to admit that they were good. ;)



Chocolate Raisin Walnut Muffins
Adapted from Kitchen Corner
Makes 6 cups

50g Unsalted butter (I used salted and omitted the pinch of salt)
Pinch of salt
60g Caster sugar
1 Egg
85g Self raising flour, sifted
15g Cocoa powder, sifted
60g Milk

Optional:
Walnut, chopped (50-60g or more if you prefer)
Raisins (30-40g or more if you prefer

Method:
  1. Beat the butter with sugar until light and pale in color.
  2. Add in the egg then pinch of salt, beat until well combined.
  3. Add milk, flour and cocoa powder. Using a hand whisk mix until well combined.
  4. Add in walnuts and raisins. Mix well.
  5. Fill the muffins cups and bake at 170'C in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts