Raisin Cinnamon Wholemeal Bread

I baked this bread many months ago on 21 Dec 2009. I was about to share this recipe with a friend by pointing to Florence's "Do What I Like" site for the recipe and then I realized that now her blog is opened to invitees only. If I only know it now, it goes to show that I am not part of the invited group.

Thankfully, before my iPhone arrived, I had a habit writing the recipe down in brief on a post-it note and sticking it to my fridge so that I can refer to it as much as I can during the baking process. Glad I did that or else I would have lost this wonderful recipe!

I am not even sure if I have halved the recipe or not. Nevertheless, it made one small cute loaf as shown below. Hopefully blogspot won't fail me or else I will lose all the brilliant recipes again.


Raisin Cinnamon Wholemeal Bread

Ingredients:
Main bread dough
165g bread flour
75g wholewheat flour
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tsp instant yeast (about 5g)
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt
30g brown sugar (can use caster sugar)
20g caster sugar
15g melted butter
80-100g raisins


For the filling:
20g melted butter
20g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (more if you are a cinnamon fan like me)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 190C
  2. Line a loaf pan with parchment or baking paper
  3. Knead all the ingredients together except butter & raisins to make a dough. When the dough becomes smooth, add in butter and continue kneading. (I used a standing mixer with a dough hook)
  4. Knead in the raisins once the dough is smooth again.
  5. Continue kneading till the dough passes the elastic pane test. (Stretch some parts of the dough and open it up like a window pane. It should be elastic like chewing gum. Then the kneading is complete).
  6. Cover the container with a cling wrap or a damp cloth and let it prove for 60mins or till it doubles its size.
  7. Once the proofing is down, punch the dough to let out air and let it prove again for about 10 mins
  8. Take the dough and on a lightly floured surface, rolled it into a rectangular sheet.
  9. Brush the dough sheet with the melted butter and rest of the fillings.
  10. Roll it up like a swiss roll and put it in the loaf pan
  11. Prove for another 60mins
  12. Bake at 190C for 30-35mins or till golden brown.

Comments

Popular Posts