Nicely Poached

Hubby and I have been spending loads of money every weekend on brunches. After a while, I realized that I am paying too much for just 2 eggs and some toasts. So one fine day, I took it upon myself to prepare a nice brunch for the 2 of us at one tenth of the costs.
The problem is... presentation. And it has to do a lot with the eggs. After a quick search on the internet from a few sites which I cannot find anymore, I managed to poached the nicest eggs in my life straight out of my own kitchen. Mann... I have indeed come a long way.
Easy peasy way to poach an egg
 
Ingredients/Tools
Eggs
Oil
Cling foil/wrap (microwaveable or able to withstand high heat)
Small bowl/container/ramekin
Pot

Method
  1. Place cling wrap over bowl.
  2. Lightly oil the cling wrap.
  3. Crack the egg onto the cling wrap.
  4. Tie the cling wrap
  5. Boil water. Drop egg into boiling water and poach for about 4-5 minutes.
  6. Once done, all you have to do is to cut the cling wrap and slide the cooked egg on the plate. Ta dah!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

  1. What?? Cling wrap and some oil?? Why haven't I thought of that?? Thanks a real lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it! I was surprised too. Make sure your cling wrap is well-oiled or else the egg will cling on to the wrap and no longer be as "refined". ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts